Online retailer Amazon.com today announced details of the results of their 2005 holiday shopping season, calling it the best ever. Many of these results were generated through the company’s online â€œDelight-O-Meterâ€ tracking feature.
Amazon reported that across their network of sites approximately 108 million items were ordered, with a reported more than 99 percent of those orders being shipped in time to meet holiday deadlines worldwide in over 200 countries. Single day records for the online retailer found more than 3.6 million, or 41 per second, items being ordered on Dec. 12, with Amazon shipping more than 2.7 million items in one peak day.
“To our customers around the world–thank you,” said Jeff Bezos, founder and CEO of Amazon.com. “We are grateful to our customers for shopping with us this holiday season and we wish everyone a happy new year.”
- Amazon expands delivery options across U.S. for last-minute holiday shoppers
- Amazon shipped an astonishing number of Prime packages in 2017
- Amazon flips switch on Aussie online store in a bid to grab some Christmas coin
- For deals or just the latest designs, these are the best shopping apps out there
- Were AirPods on your holiday wish list? You might have to take them off