While other platforms like Zigbee and Z-Wave have a considerable head start, new HomeKit-compatible devices are being announced on a regular basis. With the increasing number of compatible devices and Apple’s loyal following, it’s only a matter of time before HomeKit claims its place in the home-automation landscape.
In this video, find out what exactly Apple’s HomeKit is, the many uses for it, and how it can control your lights, thermostat, garage door, and more, with your iPhone or iPad as its central controller.
- The best Apple HomeKit-compatible devices
- Ikea’s smart blinds won’t work with Apple’s HomeKit until ‘early’ in 2020
- Apple tries again with HomeKit with smart home division reorganization
- Here are 5 intelligent uses for smart plugs
- Apple AirPlay 2: Here’s everything you need to know