While other platforms like Zigbee and Z-Wave have a considerable head start, new HomeKit-compatible devices are being announced on a regular basis. With the increasing number of compatible devices and Apple’s loyal following, it’s only a matter of time before HomeKit claims its place in the home-automation landscape.
In this video, find out what exactly Apple’s HomeKit is, the many uses for it, and how it can control your lights, thermostat, garage door, and more, with your iPhone or iPad as its central controller.
- Hey Siri, let me just say Siri
- Roku gets into the smart home business with Wyze and Walmart
- Fluid One gives you point-and-click control of your smart home, from your smartphone
- Everything announced at Google I/O 2022: Pixel 6a, Pixel Watch, search enhancements and more!
- Google Home app to see major redesign