While other platforms like Zigbee and Z-Wave have a considerable head start, new HomeKit-compatible devices are being announced on a regular basis. With the increasing number of compatible devices and Apple’s loyal following, it’s only a matter of time before HomeKit claims its place in the home-automation landscape.
In this video, find out what exactly Apple’s HomeKit is, the many uses for it, and how it can control your lights, thermostat, garage door, and more, with your iPhone or iPad as its central controller.
- 7 things you didn’t know the Apple HomePod Mini could do
- The best ad blockers for the iPhone
- The best iPhone apps (May 2021)
- The best smart speakers for 2021
- The Apple Watch and iOS 14.5 cure annoying Face ID problems when masked up