While other platforms like Zigbee and Z-Wave have a considerable head start, new HomeKit-compatible devices are being announced on a regular basis. With the increasing number of compatible devices and Apple’s loyal following, it’s only a matter of time before HomeKit claims its place in the home-automation landscape.
In this video, find out what exactly Apple’s HomeKit is, the many uses for it, and how it can control your lights, thermostat, garage door, and more, with your iPhone or iPad as its central controller.
- Aqara launches U100 smart lock with full Apple HomeKit support
- Eve MotionBlinds are HomeKit-enabled smart blinds with Thread support
- Netatmo Smart Video Doorbell is HomeKit compatible and needs no subscription
- Logitech Circle View snips Android support to focus on HomeKit and privacy
- Arlo Pro 3 and Apple HomeKit join forces