While other platforms like Zigbee and Z-Wave have a considerable head start, new HomeKit-compatible devices are being announced on a regular basis. With the increasing number of compatible devices and Apple’s loyal following, it’s only a matter of time before HomeKit claims its place in the home-automation landscape.
In this video, find out what exactly Apple’s HomeKit is, the many uses for it, and how it can control your lights, thermostat, garage door, and more, with your iPhone or iPad as its central controller.
- The best Apple HomeKit-compatible devices
- Five reasons why HomeKit in iOS 14 is a small update with huge rewards
- Roku adds AirPlay 2, HomeKit to select 4K devices
- Apple’s lower-priced HomePod mini paves the way for HomeKit’s eventual success
- Apple TV 2020: Here’s everything we want from Apple’s next streamer