While other platforms like Zigbee and Z-Wave have a considerable head start, new HomeKit-compatible devices are being announced on a regular basis. With the increasing number of compatible devices and Apple’s loyal following, it’s only a matter of time before HomeKit claims its place in the home-automation landscape.
In this video, find out what exactly Apple’s HomeKit is, the many uses for it, and how it can control your lights, thermostat, garage door, and more, with your iPhone or iPad as its central controller.
- Ecobee announces Black Friday deals on smart thermostats and smart switches
- ConnectSense’s next plug iteration makes a home smart without a hub
- How to create a smart living room for under $250
- The best smart thermostats you can buy
- Make your smart home even more intelligent with a smart plug for under $20