Wine is no longer just a tasty beverage to have with your dinner, but a well-rounded hobby that includes tasting, ordering, buying, touring, and now, crafting your own variety at home. If you’re the type to partake in sommelier-like behavior at dinner, the next step is surely to take the process into your own hands and witness winemaking from start to finish. The Artful Winemaker Personal Winemaking System ($150) gives you all the tools you need to make 12 bottles of your personal wine in just four weeks. The system includes everything you need for your wine-brewing experience, including an instructional DVD to make sure you don’t end up with anything less than delicious. The kit is available in Merlot, Pinot Noir, Cabernet/Shiraz, Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio, Sauvignon Blanc, and Riesling varietals and has stellar user reviews. Plus, nothing is better than showing off your own brand of wine at your next dinner party. Buyers beware that extreme patience is required.
- Kuvée, the smart wine preservation system, can no longer preserve itself
- Zos will let you keep an opened bottle of wine for weeks or months without worry
- This innovative home chef made wine in his Instant Pot — seriously
- The creator of ‘The Sims’ wants to put your memories into his next game
- The Coravin wine opener lets you pour a glass without uncorking the bottle