ESPN.com and travel Web site Orbitz yesterday announced a sports-themed travel section on the former’s site which will feature travel booking powered by the latter, original content and city-specific guide information.
ESPN Sports Travel Powered by Orbitz, the two groups said, will offer sports travel planning information and tools for more than 50 major North American cities (16 at launch with others following in the coming weeks). The site will provide users with the ability to book hotels, vacation packages, flights and destination services on Orbitz.com. Planned content for the site will include travel articles about major sports towns, events and experiences from ESPN, editorial on cities including sports bar and restaurant reviews, ideas for sports getaways, briefs on the top spots in the best sports towns, calendars of sporting events and more.
“Sports and travel are both key aspects to the lives of the millions of monthly ESPN.com users,” said John Kosner, senior vice president and general manager, ESPN New Media, in a statement. “Whether traveling on business and looking for a great spot to catch the game, or planning a quixotic tour of North America’s ballparks, ESPN and Orbitz are giving fans the resources they might need.”
- Upgrade your traveling backpacks and suitcases with these Cyber deals
- From live VR to the stadium beer line, 5G will revolutionize how we watch sports
- Stream UFC Fight Night 143 for free with this ESPN+ trial offer
- Somewear’s new satellite messenger lets users send messages from anywhere
- Watch Kevin Durant’s ‘The Boardroom’ exclusively on ESPN Plus