When we were young, race car beds were the epitome of awesome furniture… with the possible exception of waterbeds. These days, children can have all manner of sophisticated sleeping arrangements, from smart beds to jungle-themed rooms. For parents who want to spare no expense on their little tykes, the sky’s the limit when it comes to the gear and goodies for kids’ rooms, and the price tags match.
Case in point: Fable Bedworks, a company that specializes in handcrafted kids’ beds in a variety of themes. For the future astronaut, there’s a “deepspace defender” bed that, when it’s folded up Murphy-style, looks like a spaceship. Budding Game of Thrones fans can practice slaying dragons in the castle-shaped beds. As for the cowpokes, they can serve up slop out of their chuckwagon-shaped bed. Pretty awesome. The only catch? The cost. The spaceship bed, for example, is $14,300. At least shipping is included for the U.S. and Canada.
- Don’t have a green thumb? That’s not a problem thanks to the SmartTerra
- These ‘Substitute Phones’ are fabricated for fidgety phone fingers
- 5 last-minute Valentine’s Day ideas that won’t blow your budget
- PC power level under 9,000? You can still run ‘Dragon Ball FighterZ’
- Spend more time shredding the mountain with Burton’s new Step On binding system