Up until now, having on-demand fresh tortillas in your home was something of a pipe dream for most of us. But no longer. This genius new device is about the same size as your everyday toaster, but it pops out something far more exciting than sliced bread. Rather, when you feed the Flatev a pod that contains salt, water, flour, corn or wheat flour, and guar flour, you’ll be presented with a six-inch tortilla. You can choose whether you want it softer or crispier, and of course, whether you want it to be flour or corn-based.
Each of the pods will have a 60-day shelf life, and require refrigeration. But if they don’t last the whole 60 days because you’ve eaten them all in say … one sitting, don’t worry. We won’t judge.
These guys aren’t available to the public yet, but the plan seems to be to take them to Kickstarter first, where they’ll be offered to consumers for somewhere between $250 and $300. So keep your eyes peeled for this one, guys. Because once you’ve gone fresh, homemade tortillas, you’ll never go back.
- This sale is why you should buy a Keurig, and all your refill pods, at Staples
- You can make a bionic hand out of a Keurig, and that’s not all
- Take Taco Tuesday to the next level with Nuni’s tortilla toaster
- Awesome Tech You Can't Buy Yet: Inflatable boats, eBike wheels, and a Keurig for tortillas
- Make fresh tortillas in less than 2 minutes with the Flatev tortilla maker