Anyone who is a Bear Grylls fan, or enjoys putting themselves in dangerous, life-threatening situations should own this inexpensive survival kit from Gerber. While we know that Bear Grylls can survive with nothing but a knife and the clothes off his back (ok, and maybe an occasional hotel stay), not everyone is as skilled in the art of tracing their way back to civilization. Let’s face it, most of us would probably die out there. With the Gerber Bear Grylls Ultimate Survival Kit ($50), however, we think you might have an actual chance. The compact kit includes an impressive array of survival tools, including a small multi-tool, a miniature light, a hand saw, a signaling mirror, survival blanket, fire starter, waterproof matches, a cotton ball for tinder, snare wire, and emergency cord, waxed thread, a sewing kit, and a fishing kit, all in a waterproof ripstop bag. Also included are land-to-air rescue instructions and vital survival tips from Grylls himself. That should improve your chances.
- No more Apples for the teacher? Schools now more likely to use Chromebooks
- Easy, breezy, beautiful: A furniture collection made with wind power
- Wide Angle HD Dive Mask captures high-quality video with no hands
- Nau Wafer Pullover protects you from the elements in style
- Burton F-Stop pack caters to mountain photographers