Google and Walmart made a pre-emptive strike against Amazon in the Prime Day 2019 smart home device sales competition by announcing their Pre-Prime Day deals early. Amazon Prime Day 2019 is a full two-day event that runs July 15 and 16. You can enjoy significant price breaks on a variety of Google Nest smart home devices, all available now on Walmart. These deals are good now through July 17, one day after Amazon’s 48-hour Prime Day 2019 event ends.
Amazon Echo and Google Nest smart home devices are among the top-selling Prime Day products every year. This year the device deals may be the best yet, in part because Walmart and Google have sent this early shot across Amazon’s bow. By announcing their Pre-Prime Day smart home deals more than two weeks in advance, Google and Walmart’s message is clear: “Bring it.”
We don’t expect Amazon to be shy with its smart home device Prime Day deals, but Google and Walmart’s early foray in the smart home price wars could prompt Amazon to cut prices even deeper. During last year’s Black Friday sales event, we saw Amazon and Walmart change prices daily in open sales competition for some of the hottest items such as Instant Pots and robot vacuums.
Amazon and Google won’t give each other any mercy in device deal pricing. The deepest price cuts will be for their smart home gateway products such as the Echo Dot and Google Home Mini, but we expect the price competition will spread to the full product families. Amazon started shipping the Echo Show 5 this week, for example, and we may see a price war between the Echo Show 5 and the Google Nest Hub.
We’ve listed Google and Walmart’s Pre-Prime Day deals below, organized by function.
Google Nest smart speaker deals
- Google Home Mini— $24 off
- Google Smart Light Starter Kit— $24 off
- Google Home— $30 off
- Google Nest Hub— $50 off
- Google Home Max— $50 off
Google Nest Cam deals
- Nest Cam Indoor 3-pack— $50 off
- Nest Cam Outdoor— $30 off
Google Nest Home security deals
- Nest Hello video doorbell— $40 off
- Nest Secure starter kit— $100 off
- Nest x Yale Lock— $50 off
Google Nest Learning Thermostat (3rd Gen)
- Google Nest Learning Thermostat (3rd Gen)— $60 off
Digital Trends may earn commission on products purchased through our links, which supports the work we do for our readers.
- Walmart’s got the Google Home Max for $249 just in time for Prime Day
- Walmart cuts $100 off the NordicTrack C500 Treadmill for Prime Day
- Google Nest Hub Max vs. Amazon Echo Show: Battle of the smart home video hubs
- Google Home, Mini, Max, or Hub: Which should you choose?
- Google Home vs. Amazon Echo: Which smart speaker is better?