Light DJ Pro, made by Mango Bee Software, is a new app that takes advantage of the new tech, letting you switch the lights between green, blue, and lots of other hues. Designed with electronic dance music fans in mind, the app works exclusively with Lifx Wi-Fi-enabled smart bulbs. Just screw the bulb into regular light sockets, and prepare to get your party started.
The interface looks a bit overwhelming, as it has over 30 different effect buttons, but it comes with 10 preset color patterns. You can also customize and create your own “pattern bank,” letting you flood your space with a kaleidoscope of color and precisely set and sync tempos to whatever music you happen to be playing, even, presumably, if it’s a John Philip Sousa march. Band geeks gotta have fun, too!
Right now, the free app is only available for iPad.
- Nanoleaf reveals new Matter-enabled smart lights at CES 2023
- Your Philips Hue lights can now sync to the beat of your Spotify music
- The future of smart home lighting is big on sensors, slim on apps
- The Philips Hue Play HDMI Sync Box brings immersive lighting to your living room
- The Lifx Z TV strip can help light up your next movie-watching binge