Light DJ Pro, made by Mango Bee Software, is a new app that takes advantage of the new tech, letting you switch the lights between green, blue, and lots of other hues. Designed with electronic dance music fans in mind, the app works exclusively with Lifx Wi-Fi-enabled smart bulbs. Just screw the bulb into regular light sockets, and prepare to get your party started.
The interface looks a bit overwhelming, as it has over 30 different effect buttons, but it comes with 10 preset color patterns. You can also customize and create your own “pattern bank,” letting you flood your space with a kaleidoscope of color and precisely set and sync tempos to whatever music you happen to be playing, even, presumably, if it’s a John Philip Sousa march. Band geeks gotta have fun, too!
Right now, the free app is only available for iPad.
- Smart lighting voice control guide
- How to control your Christmas lights with voice commands
- Best options for outdoor lighting at home
- The 100 best Android apps (December 2021)
- Your Christmas tree might be bright, but here’s how to make it smart