Intelligent Biometric Solutions and its parent company Artemis Solutions Group today announced the availability of a new home safe which uses fingerprint biometric technology as its opening mechanism. The iQBioSafe is available now for $299.95.
The iQBioSafe, said Artemis, weighs 30 pounds and is constructed of heavy gauge carbon steel. On the front of the safe is a silver sensor which uses fingerprint biometric technology to allow users to press their finger against the sensor to verify identity and open it. The safe can be programmed to accept the fingerprints of up to 30 users, with two users maximum set as administrators to control access rights.
It also has pre-drilled mounting holes in the rear and interior floor and is large enough to hold items such as handguns and jewelry.
- Fujitsu adds palm reading to Windows 10 Pro, but it doesn’t tell your fortune
- I’m not even mad. That’s amazing! 7 brilliant, unorthodox hacks
- How to secure your Samsung Galaxy S9 and keep it safe from sneaky snoopers
- Major web browsers will support web-based fingerprint, facial authentication
- LED-studded ‘electronic skin’ monitors your health, makes you look like a cyborg