Samsung has already worked its way into plenty of kitchens with its line of appliances, but now it’s found a new way to make itself as essential as your frying pan. The company has teamed up with top culinary creators to make the all new Chef Collection tablet and app.
The new mobile ventures are the latest to come out of Samsung’s Club des Chefs initiative, a collaboration meant to mash up the culinary world with modern technology. The Chef Collection app, available for download in the spring of 2015, serves as a curator of cooking knowledge. It will be updated bi-weekly with recipes from partners like BigOven, Bon Appétit, Chefs Feed, Saveur, and the Culinary Institute of America. Users will be able to get tips and watch instructional videos from professional chefs to get inspired in the kitchen.
The Chef Collection tablet takes the app to the next level and dedicates an entire device to cooking up something delicious. Available as a limited time offer, consumers who purchase a Chef Collection appliance will also get the Chef Collection tablet. It comes with the Chef Collection app pre-installed, plus a suite of other cooking apps and services so you can stop re-heating frozen meals. The tablet comes with a custom butcher block and engraved tablet stand.
Samsung also announced a partnership with Ferrandi, a culinary school in Paris, France, that will launch Samsung-sponsored cooking classes and help to further the Chef Collection line. The company plans to expand the initiative to other schools in the future.
- New products from Vesta will take your sous vide game to the next level
- HelloFresh and Green Chef join forces, bringing organic goods to easy cooking
- Man turns wife’s criticism of his culinary skills into a robotic cooking machine
- ‘Everything you cooked, you screwed!’ Gordon Ramsay now gives ‘advice’ on Alexa
- The Vitamix Aer Disc Container will help you bring the restaurant into your home