Happen to be in the market for a $14.9-million home in Westlake Village, Calif., previously owned by a renowned tech mogul? Well, you’re in luck. Dirk Gates, founder and former CEO of Xirrus and Xircom, is ready to move on and his six-bedroom, 11-bathroom house is currently on the market and poised for the taking.
The basketball court and two-story library are a nice touch, sure, but we’re frankly more interested in the Star Wars-themed bedroom. It has an airspeeder bed and miniature R2D2 nestled in the corner, not to mention a smattering of fake snow on the ceiling and mural on the back wall depicting that nefarious viper probe droid that ousted the Rebellion’s Echo Base on Hoth in The Empire Strikes Back. It’s any fan’s dream, but if you would prefer a room with a robust gym with an attached office, rest assured the house offers that as well. And if sleeping on an ice-covered planet on the fringes of the Ivax Nebula that once served as an iconic battleground during the Galactic Civil War isn’t enough, you can always make some popcorn and binge watch all six Star Wars films in the home theater.
- R2-D2 humidifiers, Vader toasters, and more crazy Star Wars home decor
- Think inside the box with these tricked-out shipping container homes
- OPod is a stylish micro-home made out of concrete pipe
- Release your inner Jedi — or Sith Lord — with the best Star Wars Lightsabers
- Everything we know about ‘Star Wars: Episode VIII’