Well known watch brand Timex today said they’d chosen Amazon.com to develop and manage their retail Web site. Specific financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Under the multi-year agreement, said the two companies, the e-commerce giant’s Amazon Services subsidiary will host the Timex Web site and use their technology to give the watch maker control over their brand, customer experience and online business. Amazon shopping technologies such as one-step checkout, search and navigation, personalization, wish lists and recommendations will be available to Timex shoppers.
“We are pleased that Timex chose Amazon Services to develop and manage a new online offering for their customers,” said Amazon Services Enterprise Solutions Vice President Wes Herman, in a statement. “We look forward to building a Web experience for Timex and its customers that is unsurpassed in the watch business.”
“Partnering with Amazon Services for Timex.com is a great decision for our business and will enable us to deliver a world-class experience to our Web site visitors,” added Timex Chief Executive Officer Joe Santana.
- Best hiking watches of 2018
- Amazon is building a fleet of autonomous robots to deliver packages to your door
- Amazon to add home mesh router maker Eero to its smart home ecosystem
- With focus on interoperability, is Nevo Butler a smarter home hub?
- 5 tech trends to watch in 2019 (and a reality check on last year’s picks)