Living in an apartment often means searching for the right tools to reach that perfect mix of comfort and efficiency in a small space. Nothing sets a mood like good lighting, and there is no surer way to shave a few bucks off your electric bill than by upgrading to the newest, most energy efficient light bulbs. But why stop there? The next generation of light bulbs and smart technology can help you get the most out of the light fixtures in your apartment while saving you time and stress.
With help from the growing line of smart C by GE products, all of which are built to work with the Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa, you can get the lights in your apartment to match your sleep cycle, help you wake up feeling refreshed, tell you when it is time to head to work, turn off or on when you aren’t around, and keep you feeling safe at home the moment you walk in your door.
Below are the top GE products for turning your apartment into a “smart” home.
- C by GE App: Never come home to a dark apartment again. With the free C by GE app, you can set your lights to come on just before you arrive home every night and schedule them to automatically turn off on times when you aren’t there. When you are at home, schedule your lights to enhance your routines, from having bright, white light wake you up in the morning, to creating a perfect scene for movie time.
- Soft White Smart Bulb: Equipping your apartment with a light bulb that will allow you to get the most out of this smart technology is essential. This LED dimmable bulb uses 85% less energy than traditional bulbs, which will help you save the planet and a few bucks for rent every month. Being a smart bulb means that it can also be voice activated and adjusted by the Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa, so you can collapse on your bed at the end of a busy workday without worrying about having to get up to flip the switch. Just tell Google to turn off the lights.
- Full Color Bulb: Just because an apartment is small on space doesn’t mean you can’t change the look and feel of the room. By letting you pick from millions of colors, this line of smart lighting solutions can transform your living room into a tailgate or into a dance hall just by using just your voice or an app. Use the 60-watt equivalent LED A19 bulb to give your favorite lamp more variety, or the BR30 for recessed cans to bring the party into the kitchen. The customizable 80” light strip and the 40” light strip extension are the ideal upgrade for windows, desks, and bookshelves.
- Smart Wall Plug: We are all familiar with the “did I leave the lights on?” moment of panic, but the truth is that modern life comes with a lot of appliances that we need to turn off before rushing out the door. The Smart plug eliminates the stress of remembering whether you turned off your curling iron or coffeemaker when you plug these devices into a smart plug. If you’re ever unsure, simply pull open your C by GE app and have the ability to turn off these appliances wherever you are in the world. This is also a quick and easy way to upgrade your apartment with smart light technology without having to change out sockets or switches.
- Smart Switch: The DIY C by GE Smart Switches also include dimmer and motion sensor options, let you control any bulb with an app or your favorite voice assistant, so you don’t have to wait to upgrade all of the lights in the house to start enjoying the best of smart light technology. You can take advantage of the motion sensor to turn on the lights once you come into a room with hands full, or have them come on without touching the switch so you avoid your roommate’s germs.