It’s a new week, which means Epic Games has added a new batch of Fortnite challenges. For season 5, week 5, most of the challenges that might cause some difficulties are ones that require you to visit a specific location to collect an item. We usually see one or two of these each week, and for week 5, that trend continues. One of those challenges requires you to find a buried blue coin at Retail Row, and as usual, the game doesn’t tell you where it is.
But that’s where we come in! In this guide, we’ll show you the exact location of the blue coin and how to collect it with ease. Here’s where to find the buried blue coin at Retail Row in Fortnite.
- Fortnite challenge guide: How to complete the Black Panther quests
- Fortnite season 5 week 4 guide: How to ignite and dance at a tomato shrine
- How to unlock the Kratos skin in Fortnite
Where to find the buried blue coin in Retail Row
To find the coin, boot up a match in whichever mode you’d like and land head directly to Retail Row — which is located on the eastern side of the map, just north of Catty Corner. Your goal is to land at the yellow house on the southwestern side of Retail Row. The coin you’re looking for is found in a mound of dirt on the western side of the house. It’s next to a tree on the same side as the basketball hoop.
All you have to do to collect it is smash the mound with your pickax. As soon as you give it a few whacks, the coin will appear, and you’ll gain credit for completing the challenge — along with 20,000 XP for doing so. You’ll notice that the coin resembles one of the XP coins from previous seasons. This is a relatively quick challenge that can be completed in a matter of minutes if you know where to look. If you’re having trouble getting to the coin before getting taken out, it’s recommended to bring a friend or two along.
From our experience, despite being the location of a major new challenge, Retail Row was relatively quiet when we attempted to find the coin, so you shouldn’t run into too many issues. If you do run into other players, take refuge in one of the nearby homes and gear up to defend yourself. It’s not a major deal if you get taken out before you collect it, as you can quickly boot up an additional match to try again. It’s unclear if the coin is like the tomato baskets from season 5, week 4 — in which only one player could collect them at a time — meaning you’d have to retry if someone else got to it first. If this is the case, you’ll have to try again if another player grabs the coin before you do.
- Fortnite season 5 week 5 challenge: Bury gnomes in Pleasant Park or Retail Row
- Fortnite season 5 week 6 challenge guide: How to signal the Coral Buddies
- Fortnite season 5 week 5 challenge guide: Where to collect gnomes from Fort Crumpet and Holly Hedges
- Fortnite season 5 week 6 challenge guide: How to blow up fishing holes at Sharky Shell, Sweaty Sands, or Flopper Pond
- Fortnite fishing hole locations: Blow up fishing holes at Lazy Lake Island, Lake Canoe, and Steamy Stacks