Thankfully, there’s an old-school solution for the situation if you’re on any of the major phone carriers. Just follow the steps below.
- Step 1: Google your carrier name and add “email phone number” to your search query.
- Step 2: Copy the provided email address it gives you. For instance, if you’re with T-Mobile, you’ll want to tack on “@tmomail.net” to your phone number.
- Step 3: Now go into your email settings if you want better filter the emails you receive. If it’s a particular subject line you’re interested in, or if you want everything that a certain someone sends, enter that information. Then, just forward it to your new carrier email address.
Emails matching that filter should now arrive via text message!
- How to send a text message from a computer
- Common Samsung Galaxy S8 problems and how to fix them
- How to block text messages on iOS and Android
- Inbox full of spam? Here’s how to block an email address in Gmail
- The best Google Hangouts tips and tricks everyone should know