Last year, Microsoft confirmed that it planned to bring its Age of Empires series to mobile devices sometime in the future. Welcome to the future. Age of Empires: World Domination will hit iOS, Android, and Windows Phone sometime this summer.
World Domination is developed by Microsoft in collaboration with Japanese gaming firm KLab. The game will adopt a free-to-play model and feature a revamped real-time battle system. You can choose between the Celts, Vikings, Franks, or Huns to plan out your goals of world domination. Unfortunately, other than a release window, the teaser trailer below doesn’t reveal much. Also not revealed in the trailer was whether the game would include microtransactions.
According to a report by Nikkei, however, other properties will join World Domination in the mobile space. The report claimed that Microsoft, in collaboration with KLab, was developing iOS and Android versions of games available on Xbox and PC. At the time, Xbox Live director of programming Larry Hyrb downplayed the report.
- Apple iPhone 14: Everything we know about the 2022 iPhone
- Samsung keeps getting more serious about foldables, and I love it
- Does the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 come with a charger? Here’s why not
- The best wireless keyboards for 2022
- ColorOS 13 is coming in August — and it’s better than expected