Last year, Microsoft confirmed that it planned to bring its Age of Empires series to mobile devices sometime in the future. Welcome to the future. Age of Empires: World Domination will hit iOS, Android, and Windows Phone sometime this summer.
World Domination is developed by Microsoft in collaboration with Japanese gaming firm KLab. The game will adopt a free-to-play model and feature a revamped real-time battle system. You can choose between the Celts, Vikings, Franks, or Huns to plan out your goals of world domination. Unfortunately, other than a release window, the teaser trailer below doesn’t reveal much. Also not revealed in the trailer was whether the game would include microtransactions.
According to a report by Nikkei, however, other properties will join World Domination in the mobile space. The report claimed that Microsoft, in collaboration with KLab, was developing iOS and Android versions of games available on Xbox and PC. At the time, Xbox Live director of programming Larry Hyrb downplayed the report.
- From Stadia exclusives to Death Stranding, Here’s everything shown at Gamescom
- Minecraft Earth beta rolls out for Android with feature not found in iOS version
- All cross-platform games available now for consoles and PC
- The best Xbox One games you can get right now, including FIFA 20
- The best free-to-play games of 2019 will help frugal gamers survive