Amazon admitted earlier this year that it overpriced the Fire Phone, but it didn’t say how much cheaper it should have been. After disappointing sales, Amazon initially dropped the steep price by $200, but now it’s going even further. The formerly $650 phone now costs just $200 unlocked and it comes with one year of Amazon Prime.
Seeing as an annual Prime membership costs $100, it’s as if you’re getting the Fire Phone for just $100. When you consider the 4-inch 720p screen, high-end Snapdragon 800 processor, 3GB of RAM, and 13-megapixel camera the Fire Phone’s got, that’s an incredible deal. Of course, you’ll also get the controversial 3D effects of Dynamic Perspective, Amazon’s shopping carousel style interface, and a lack of Google apps, but if you’re willing to experiment, you can’t beat the deal.
Unfortunately, even if you buy the unlocked Fire Phone, you can only use it on AT&T’s network. If you’ve already got a contract with AT&T, the Fire phone will only cost you $1 on-contract. AT&T will also tack on the Fire HDX 7 for $1 more if you buy the Fire Phone from its stores on a two-year contract or on AT&T Next. There are a lot of ways to get the Fire Phone on the cheap, so it all depends on which one is best for your needs. You can get the $200 unlocked Fire Phone on Amazon’s website.
- Amazon’s Prime Exclusive Phones will no longer come with lockscreen ads
- Save up to $720 with the best smartphone deals for April 2018
- Check out the best affordable Samsung phones for March 2018
- Amazon does it all, including these 8 services you may have never heard of
- Amazon, Google trade punches over Nest smart home product sales