Read our full Amazon Kindle Voyage review.
We’re fast approaching the end of 2014, which means we’re due for a Kindle Paperwhite refresh. Amazon might have accidentally slipped a little bit of information on the refresh, as spotted by some eager searchers.
These searchers spotted a listing for the Kindle “Voyage” on Amazon’s German and Japanese stores, with the name popping up again on the Spanish “Register your Kindle Paperwhite” page. While the listings didn’t reveal a smorgasbord of information on the Voyage, they do reveal that it will come in WiFi and 3G flavors, with both versions packing a 300ppi display on the 6-inch device.
In addition, the 112mm x 116mm dimensions of the Voyage suggest the Kindle will be smaller than the current Paperwhite, while the 8mm depth earn the Voyage the title of “thinnest Kindle up to now.” Finally, a November 4 launch date was given for the Kindle Voyage.
While a Paperwhite refresh will happen, we’ll have to wait and see whether that refresh is called the Voyage.
- Amazon’s new Kindle has an adjustable light and costs less than $100
- Amazon Kindle review (2019)
- The best Amazon Kindle (2019) cases so you can read in peace
- Take $30 off the all-new Kindle Paperwhite on Amazon for Valentine’s Day
- Amazon has sweet Valentine’s Week deals on Echo, Ring, Fire, Fire TV, and Kindle