Read our full Amazon Kindle Voyage review.
We’re fast approaching the end of 2014, which means we’re due for a Kindle Paperwhite refresh. Amazon might have accidentally slipped a little bit of information on the refresh, as spotted by some eager searchers.
These searchers spotted a listing for the Kindle “Voyage” on Amazon’s German and Japanese stores, with the name popping up again on the Spanish “Register your Kindle Paperwhite” page. While the listings didn’t reveal a smorgasbord of information on the Voyage, they do reveal that it will come in WiFi and 3G flavors, with both versions packing a 300ppi display on the 6-inch device.
In addition, the 112mm x 116mm dimensions of the Voyage suggest the Kindle will be smaller than the current Paperwhite, while the 8mm depth earn the Voyage the title of “thinnest Kindle up to now.” Finally, a November 4 launch date was given for the Kindle Voyage.
While a Paperwhite refresh will happen, we’ll have to wait and see whether that refresh is called the Voyage.
- 7 of the best Kindle Paperwhite cases for easy reading on the go
- Amazon’s Kindle Oasis is now available for pre-order in ‘Champagne Gold’
- More MOBI, fewer problems: Here’s how to get EPUB books on your Kindle
- Kindle or print? What readers choose depends on what they read
- 20 major Kindle Fire problems, and how to extinguish them