T-Mobile Offer: Buy the LG G5 and get a free battery and cradle bundle
It’s the first update the IDE has received in about three years, and Google promises that “Android Studio 2.0 is the fastest way to build high quality, performant apps for the Android platform, including phones and tablets,
Among the new features are Instant Run, which allows you to instantly see how changes in your code affect your running app. Perhaps the most anticipated improvement, Instant Run will “keep you in a fast and fluid development flow,” increasing your “developer productivity by accelerating your edit, build, run cycles.”
There’s also the Android Emulator, which runs three times faster than the old version, and will allow you to push both apps and data 10 times faster to the emulator than to an actual mobile or wearable device. The emulator also has Google Play Services built-in, allowing you to examine API functionality.
The Cloud Test Lab Integration lets developers run their code anywhere, “easily testing on a wide range of physical Android devices in the Cloud Test Lab right from within
To check out the complete suite of new features with the release and associated details, visit the Android Developers Blog here.
- Google Drive, Docs, and other apps are getting way better on Android tablets
- Android 10 update seemingly breaks Wi-Fi on the Google Pixel 2
- Google Pixel Buds 2 vs. Google Pixel Buds: Are the new wireless buds better?
- Here’s how the new Google Assistant and Motion Sense will work on the Pixel 4
- New leak shows off Samsung’s One UI 2.0 — and it’s built on Android 10