However, in the days following its release, some users have been reporting problems, including a “slide to upgrade” prompt that’s left some devices frozen, meaning users couldn’t even load up the new system. Among those that have installed iOS 9, some have been complaining that alarms are failing to play – not much good if you rely on your phone to wake you up for work.
The good news is that the iPhone maker has just rolled out another update – iOS 9.0.1 – that aims to fix all the currently known issues, hopefully making for an altogether smoother experience when using Apple’s refreshed mobile OS.
According to Apple’s release notes, Wednesday’s update performs the following actions:
– Fixes an issue where some users could not complete setup assistant after updating
– Fixes an issue where sometimes alarms and timers could fail to play
– Fixes an issue in Safari and Photos where pausing video could cause the paused frame to appear distorted
– Fixes an issue where some users with a custom APN setup via a profile would lose cellular data
Despite Apple having its own army of developers and testers hunting down bugs prior to each iOS rollout, the true challenge comes when the new software gets a public release. With millions of people using it within hours of it becoming available, new issues always pop up, forcing Apple to quickly set to work to sort them out.
Indeed, for those that like to hold back from downloading a new operating system to avoid these annoying early bugs, now looks as good a time as any to switch to iOS 9.
The latest version of Apple’s mobile OS offers iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch users a slew of new features, including a revamped search panel, a more powerful Siri, multi-tasking features for iPad, transit directions, better security, and improved battery life.
New apps include Wallet for storing payment and loyalty cards for use with Apple Pay, iCloud Drive for viewing and accessing your remotely stored files, and, most notably, News, which some are calling Apple’s version of Flipboard.
You can check out DT’s in-depth review of iOS 9 here.
- Apple Cyber Monday deals — you can still save on Apple Watch, iPad and more
- Best Cyber Monday iPhone deals 2021 — what’s still available
- Best Cyber Monday Tablet deals 2021 — what’s still available
- Best Cyber Monday iPad deals 2021 — what’s still available
- Best Cyber Monday Apple Watch deals 2021 — what’s still available