Starting its new line of Platinum Android smartphones, Archos announced the 45c Platinum and the 50b Platinum.
The 45c and 50b won’t win any awards for high-end hardware, as both are powered by 512MB of RAM and a 1.3GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6582 processor. Both have 2-megapixel front-facing cameras, though the 50b gets a leg up with the 8-megapixel rear-facing camera, as opposed to the 45c’s 5-megapixel rear shooter. Even so, both can shoot 1080p video at 30 frames per second.
The 45c packs a 4.5-inch 854 x 480 pixel display, while the 50b is equipped with a 5-inch 960 x 640 display. You can expand each handset’s internal storage up to 64GB, thanks to the MicroSD card slot, though the 50b comes with an 8GB Micro SD card. Both handsets also allow for dual mini SIM cards and are powered by Android 4.4 KitKat. Weirdly enough, though, the 50b also comes with a see-through case.
While the specifications might sound disappointingly awful, the $100 and $120 price tags of the 45c and 50b, respectively, as well as their dual SIM capabilities, show that Archos has a different kind of market in mind with both handsets.
- 2018 Nissan Armada Platinum review
- For singer Tory Lanez’ totally freestyled new album, memories are everything
- Everything you need to know about the 6-inch OnePlus 5T
- Motorola’s Moto E5 Plus, E5 Play are solid budget phones that won’t get Android P
- The ultra-affordable LG Fortune 2 is now available from Cricket Wireless