Burger King may sell cheeseburgers, Coke, and fries, but it’s also now a budget smartphone store, at least, for now.
It will offer free phones for customers who sign up for a contract with AT&T, Sprint, or Verizon. The Moto X, Samsung Galaxy S4 Active, HTC One M7, LG G2, and Droid Mini are available, among other selections. You can gain access to the promotion by going to Burger King’s website for it and using the promo code FREEPHONE at checkout. The site directs you to Amazon.com where you can enter the code. Burger King will also offer the promotion in-store and through a national coupon drop.
According to Burger King director of revenue management and pricing Samuel Heath, the offer is primarily aimed at current Burger King customers. “We wanted to make sure we took care of all the people who come to Burger King,” said Heath to Mashable. “You forget sometimes that only half the people have smartphones.”
While Heath didn’t say if Burger King will lose any money with this promotion, but he did reveal that the company has enough smartphones to make the promotion last several weeks.
If you decide to take advantage of the promotion, you will receive an email that encourages you to download Burger King’s app, which displays coupons and other special offers. However, it is not mandatory to download the app.
- For deals or just the latest designs, these are the best shopping apps out there
- Escape reality with the best augmented reality apps for Android and iOS
- Protect your Bitcoin with the 10 best cryptocurrency apps for iOS and Android
- Common iOS 11 problems and advice on how to handle them
- The 13 best calendar apps for Android and iOS help you organize a chaotic day