It’s official: T-Mobile will launch the Dell Streak 7 on Wednesday, February 2 for $199.99. That price, announced today on the company’s website, is of course only available to customers willing to sign a new two-year contract and send in a $50 mail-in rebate. For those who just want the tablet without signing a new agreement, it’ll cost $450 — still cheaper than the comparable Samsung Galaxy Tab, which runs around $600.
The price confirmation comes after earlier rumors that the 4G-enabled Streak 7, which is powered by the Nvidia Tegra-2 chip and runs on Android 2.2 operating system, would cost $330.
Dell’s newest tablet comes loaded with a 7-inch multi-touch screen, 16GB of storage, GPS built-in, and a 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera that’s compatible with T-Mobile’s Qik-powered video chat functionality. Not bad specs — but it might be worth waiting a few more days for the Motorola Xoom tablet, which is reportedly set to launch on February 17.
- Best Samsung Galaxy Tab deals for October 2022
- Does the iPhone 14 have the Dynamic Island?
- Best Buy is having a giant Samsung Galaxy Tab sale today
- Best Apple deals and sales for October 2022
- The best phones for 2022: Which smartphone should you buy?