It’s official: T-Mobile will launch the Dell Streak 7 on Wednesday, February 2 for $199.99. That price, announced today on the company’s website, is of course only available to customers willing to sign a new two-year contract and send in a $50 mail-in rebate. For those who just want the tablet without signing a new agreement, it’ll cost $450 — still cheaper than the comparable Samsung Galaxy Tab, which runs around $600.
The price confirmation comes after earlier rumors that the 4G-enabled Streak 7, which is powered by the Nvidia Tegra-2 chip and runs on Android 2.2 operating system, would cost $330.
Dell’s newest tablet comes loaded with a 7-inch multi-touch screen, 16GB of storage, GPS built-in, and a 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera that’s compatible with T-Mobile’s Qik-powered video chat functionality. Not bad specs — but it might be worth waiting a few more days for the Motorola Xoom tablet, which is reportedly set to launch on February 17.
- Hurry! This Mobile Workstation is over $2,000 off at Dell right now
- Dell slashed this mobile workstation price by more than $1,200 this weekend
- Dell Prime Day Sale 2020: 7 deals you can’t afford to miss
- Today’s Best Tech Deals: Apple Watch, Dell XPS 13, Microsoft Surface Pro
- 3 Dell XPS deals you can’t afford to miss today