Fandango today expanded their mobile movie ticketing purchase offering as they formally announced a new partnership with Cingular, the nation’s largest cellular provider. This new relationship builds upon a similar announcement made with Sprint earlier this month.
The new Cingular/Fandango service, said the movie ticketing company, will allow Cingular subscribers who have Web-enabled phones to buy movie tickets, look up extensive movie information including film reviews, look up show times and theater information with maps and get mobile alerts when tickets for upcoming movies go on sale. Users can also use text messaging and voice activated commands to access some features of the mobile Fandango offering.
“We’re thrilled to be working with Cingular on our easy-to-use service,” says Art Levitt, President and CEO of Fandango, in a statement. “Moviegoers are often attached at the hip to their mobile devices, and so the Cingular Wireless deal is a significant one for Fandango. With its convenient placement on the Cingular Entertainment deck and VoiceInfo menu, we believe this application will be very popular with all Cingular Wireless customers, whenever and wherever they go.”
- Binge away with our guide to the best on-demand streaming services
- Play ball! T-Mobile celebrates opening day with Major League Baseball giveaways
- Watch ‘Red Sparrow’ for cheap with the T-Mobile Tuesdays app
- The best iPhone apps available right now (April 2018)
- What are Google Pay and Google Pay Send? Here’s what you need to know