Online movie ticket purchasing service Fandango today announced they’d teamed with Sprint to launch a mobile movie ticketing service for users of Sprint or Nextel mobile phones. This service, of which Sprint is the first wireless provider to offer, was developed in conjunction with wireless application designer Crisp Wireless.
The new Fandango/Sprint mobile movie ticketing service, said Fandango, allows users to send a film’s title and their zip code as a text message to â€œFNDGOâ€ and they will receive back showtimes as well as ticket availability for nearby theatres. Other features will include the ability to purchase tickets for pick up at the theatre, viewable movie information such as reviews, directions to theatres with maps, downloadable movie related offerings such as ringtones and mobile alerts when tickets go on sale for upcoming movies.
“Everyone in the wireless world is looking for that one relevant application that will deliver on the promise of mobile entertainment,” said Art Levitt, President and CEO of Fandango, in a statement. “We believe that this application will be very popular and useful to all Sprint Nextel customers, whenever and wherever they go. We’re finding that moviegoers of all ages are using the application to check reviews, showtimes and purchase tickets on their phones and PDA’s.”
- MoviePass’ $10 plan for near-unlimited movies surpasses 2 million subscribers
- MoviePass blocks subscribers from ‘Red Sparrow’ and restores an unwelcome feature
- Binge away with our guide to the best on-demand streaming services
- Movies Anywhere expands its reach with the addition of FandangoNow
- Google’s new search feature makes picking the perfect movie simple