The new IPG application, which is currently in development, is expected to be available for deployment later this year and will be demonstrated in TV Guide’s booth #807.
Using Gemstar-TV Guide’s patented IPG technology, the new application will enable mobile phone users to remotely access television program listings, search listings by title, date or network, set program reminders, and forward program reminders to friends’ mobile devices. The IPG will also allow users to schedule recordings on digital video recorders (DVRs) that are integrated with Gemstar-TV Guide’s i-Guide IPG, such as Motorola’s DCT6412 HD-DVR set-top with dual-tuner functionality. i-Guide is Gemstar-TV Guide’s latest IPG for digital cable that features fast, intuitive navigation to advanced interactive services such as on demand, HDTV and dual-tuner DVR options.
In addition, the new application gives users access to TV-related ring tones, wall paper and video content, including sneak peeks of select shows and content from TV Guide SPOT, TV Guide’s new on-demand network. TV Guide Spot is expected to launch to digital subscribers of Comcast and Time Warner Cable in second quarter 2005. A first-of-its-kind on-demand network with all originally-produced content, TV Guide SPOT will feature short-form video entertainment programs that guide consumers to the most compelling fare on TV each week.
- Ford says its Mustang Cobra Jet dragster will do a ‘mid-8-second’ quarter mile
- Comcast Xfinity: Everything you need to know about cable’s biggest player
- How to watch the 2018 Winter Olympics online
- Follow along as Rolls-Royce puts the final touches on its stately Cullinan SUV
- Go on a ‘National Parks Adventure’ with Robert Redford and Netflix