Second screen social app GetGlue has featured as one of our favorite apps in the past, but it will now be known as TVtag following its acquisition by i.TV in November last year. In an email to users, the GetGlue team has explained the name change and promised “major updates” to come in the next week.
If you’re new to GetGlue, the app enables you to ‘check in’ to TV shows and movies and let your friends know what you’re watching. It helps you find programs that you’re likely to be interested in and gives you space to discuss the latest plot twists and cliffhangers with fellow watchers. Mobile apps are available for Android, iOS and Windows Phone.
The “ton of new features” coming down the line are a response to customer requests, according to the email that went out: “The update to GetGlue you’ll see next week is a culmination of a lot of hard work and your feedback. We can’t wait to share it with you!”
The reborn app also features a new logo and a fresh color scheme as the old dark blue is jettisoned in favor of a vibrant red. Keep your eyes on the app’s Twitter feed (handle @getglue, name TVtag) for news of the updates when they arrive. If you’re a GetGlue lover, you can look forward to an exciting refresh; if you’ve previously passed on the app, it might be enough to encourage you to give it another go.
- Clear out your inbox with the 10 best third-party email apps for iOS
- Common iOS 11 problems and advice on how to handle them
- The 13 best calendar apps for Android and iOS help you organize a chaotic day
- A.I. email assistant Astro includes a built-in calendar feature in update
- Personalize your email by adding a signature to your Gmail account