At the start of the year we reported on the Gizmon iCA iPhone case, a pretty snazzy looking item designed to make your Apple smartphone resemble a retro film camera.
Now the Japanese company has unveiled the Gizmon iCA Military Edition, a rugged looking version of the earlier iCA design, and one that its maker hopes will take you back to the days of military photographers and their Leica rangefinders.
The all-black case really is quite something, comprising 23 durable polycarbonate pieces — fortunately you don’t have to fit them all together yourself.
It incorporates a top-mounted shutter button and viewfinder, though be aware that the lens on the front is really nothing of the sort — in fact, it’s actually a tiny mirror, serving as an aid for lining up self-portrait shots.
Specially-made wide, macro and fisheye lenses are also available for the stylish case, together with a number of other accessories, including a neck strap. But hang this authentic looking item around your neck and you might find yourself spending a great deal of time telling people that no, it’s not actually a real rangefinder camera, it’s just a case….albeit one with lens attachments.
The iCA Military Edition, for the iPhone 4 asnd 4S, is available from March 17 with a $70 price tag.
- 10 best protective iPhone cases to defend against dirt, dings, and drops
- Photo FOMO: Meet the $15K glow-in-the-dark camera and the 15-stop ND filter
- These are the best iPhone X cases to protect your new Apple investment
- Avoid scratches and dents with the 15 best iPhone 8 Plus cases
- The best Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus cases to keep your titan safe