Google unveiled Gmailify, which brings the best Gmail features to anyone who uses these accounts. This means that you can enjoy Gmail’s spam protection and inbox organization the same exact way as those who have a @gmail address.
All you need to do is open the Gmail app on Android and sign in to either your Outlook.com, Hotmail, or Yahoo! email account. Then select the option to Gmailify your inbox. The spam filtering should take place automatically, and you’ll notice the ability to organize your inbox into various categories like Social, Promotions, and Updates. You’ll even get Google Now notifications based on your email, just like other Gmail users enjoy.
This new feature is perfect for those of you who have been using the same email address for so long that changing it would be too much of a chore. Or maybe you have have an Outlook address for work that you must use. Whatever the reason is, you finally have a chance to enjoy the benefits of Gmail without actually having an @gmail account.
This is an opt-in feature, but you can turn off Gmailify easily if you change your mind, and you can still use your existing email account within the Gmail app just like you did before today.
We can only hope that Google will add support for additional email providers in the near future.
- Sunbird looks like the iMessage for Android app you’ve been waiting for
- Apple vs. Samsung: Who has the best lock screen customization in 2022?
- Five ways Android 13 has supercharged my Galaxy S22 experience
- This creepy Mac app can record every moment of your online life
- It’s time to update your iPhone and iPad to iOS 16.1 and iPadOS 16