Just last week, Google moved all its devices over to a new dedicated store, with the exception of the Nexus 5. Sure, that casualty hit some people right where it hurts, but Google hopes to make amends by offering $50 in Google Play credit.
In order to nab the credit, you’ll need to purchase a Nexus 6, Nexus 9, or Android Wear device by March 31. Once your new device ships, you’ll receive an email with the promo code for $50 in Google Play credit. You can use the credit to purchase movies, music, games, and apps, but keep in mind it won’t work with anything in the new Google Store for devices.
The credit does have an expiration date, however, as you’ll need to add it to your Google Wallet account by April 20, and use the credit by September 1.
In addition, Google slashed the price of the Sony SmartWatch 3 by $50, bringing it down to $200. Even with the discount, it’s eligible for the $50 Google Play credit promotion. El Goog also offers the Asus ZenWatch, Motorola Moto 360, LG G Watch R, LG G Watch, and the Samsung Gear Live in its new store, but none of them have gotten price cuts.
- Everything you need to know about Android 8.0 Oreo
- Here’s everything you need to know about Google’s Project Fi
- Google replacing Project Fi Nexus 5X with an Android One Moto X4 for subscribers
- Here’s how to track your kid’s digital footprint with Google Family Link
- Become a master caster with these Google Chromecast tips and tricks