You may be surprised how much productivity you can get out of an iOS device with some of the apps found in the App Store. Whether you’re working on documents, presentations, or even design projects, one of the things you’ll want to do is install your favorite fonts. You may think you can only do this on a desktop or a laptop, but actually you can also install fonts on your iPad or iPhone. We’ll show you how to do this by using an app called AnyFont.
AnyFont allows you to install fonts in TrueTypeFont (.ttf), OpenTypeFont (.otf) or TrueType Collection (.ttc) format on your iPhone or iPad. Fonts can be used in office apps like Microsoft Office or iWork and even design apps. AnyFont is $1.99 at the Apple App Store and it’s very easy to use.
Importing your fonts into AnyFont
Let’s take a look at how to install fonts on iPad or iPhone with AnyFont. We will import and install a font called Archistico.
- First, you can save any fonts you want in your cloud storage, so for this example we’ll use Dropbox. Once you’ve saved your font file to your cloud storage, you’ll be ready to install it.
- In Dropbox (or other cloud storage) tap on the font file (for this example Archistico_Simple.ttf).
- Tap the ellipsis in the upper right corner and choose Export.
- Choose Open In on the iOS menu.
- Tap Import with AnyFont in the list of apps.
AnyFont will now open and you can see your font in the list.
Installing your fonts in iOS
- In AnyFont, tap your font file.
- Tap the Aa icon.
- Tap Install on the upper right corner.
- Tap Next on the upper right corner.
- You will then receive a ‘consent’ message telling you that this configuration profile will install this font. Tap Next.
- Tap Install again.
- Tap Done and you’re finished.
Where are all your fonts installed?
Follow these steps if you want to see all the fonts installed on your device, or if you want to delete a font.
- Tap Settings,
- Then go to General,
- Scroll down to Profiles.
Choosing the new fonts in an app
If you were working on, say on a PowerPoint, you will have to close out of the app to see any newly installed fonts.
- Double Tap on your home button to see all your open apps.
- Swipe left and right until you find the app where you want to use the new fonts.
- Swipe up to close the app.
- Open the app again.
- Now you can see Archistico is listed under the ‘iOS Fonts’ section.