In the video, PM Dawn’s Doc G spits out the hilariously bad rhymes in a song called “Hold the Crown.” He’s assisted by a generic, geeky white dude named D 2 tha B from HTC. Doc G salutes HTC’s CEO right off the bat with the phrase, “HTC, we hold the crown/Word to Peter Chou,” which is accompanied by a very Chairman Mao-esque image of Chou. Bad choreography, cheesy lyrics, and semi-satirical jokes ensue.
We’re also treated to pushup and weight-lifting contests between a guy wearing a cardboard cutout of HTC’s gloriously built One M8 and another dude wearing a cardboard iPhone 6 or Galaxy S5, depending on which company Doc G is dissing at the moment.
“More than a few clowns stole what we originated,” HTC boasts, as the One M8 defeats the Galaxy S5. “We own the universe, your Galaxy is overrated.”
That particular lyric is followed by an insult aimed at Apple, “It took you copycats six times to get it right/My One M8 is far too great, you’ll never touch this light.”
Once HTC’s done taunting its bigger and badder competitors, it calls upon customers to “Make like the nerdy bloggers/Put it in your pocket now,” before signing off with another salut to Chairman — I mean, CEO — Chou.
- Galaxy Watch vs. Apple Watch Series 4: Which one is the smartest?
- Casio’s all-metal G-Shock uses its smart tech carefully, and for best effect
- Yes, Samsung, the foldable phone’s exciting, but don’t forget about the Galaxy S10
- The worst Apple Watch problems, and how to fix them
- The best smartwatches for 2019