Glitch: iMessage and FaceTime activation not working
After the update to iOS 9, some people have had trouble with activating iMessage and FaceTime. Any attempt to log in results in a pop-up error message. If you’re connected to your data network or Wi-Fi network and you keep getting this error, then there are a few of things you can try to resolve it.
- Go to Settings > Messages and turn iMessage off. If you’re having trouble with FaceTime too, then go to Settings > FaceTime and turn it off as well. Hold down the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons together for around 10 seconds. When the device restarts, go back into Settings and turn them both on again.
- Take a look in Settings > General > Date & Time and make sure it’s correct.
- Try going to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. You’ll have to set up some things again, but this has worked for a lot of people. If it doesn’t straight away, then reboot afterward by holding down the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons together for around 10 seconds.
- If the problem persists, contact your carrier and discuss your options. You might need a new SIM card.
- This is reportedly fixed in the iOS 9.0.2 update.