Earlier today, at a special media event at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco, Apple pulled the curtain back on the newest generation of iPads. In addition to a new and improved iPad Mini, the company also unveiled a new full-size iPad, but rather than simply calling the new tablet the iPad 5, Apple threw us a curveball, dubbing it the iPad Air.
Much as you’d expect, this new generation is slimmer, faster, and lighter than it’s predecessors. On the outside, the screen’s bezel has been slimmed down by 43 percent over the previous version, and the chassis has been shrunk to just 7.5mm thick. Under the hood iPad Air boasts a 64-bit processor, an M7 discrete motion processor, a 10-hour battery, MIMO Wi-Fi connectivity, Bluetooth 4.0, expanded LTE support, dual microphones, and a 5-megapixel rear camera.
Check out our full post on for more details on specs and pricing.
- Need a new tablet? Check out the best iPad deals for March 2018
- Keep your tablet stylish and secure with one of the best iPad Pro 10.5 cases
- Here are the best iPad Pro keyboard cases to pick up with your new tablet
- The best tablets you can buy
- Delta bids adieu to its iPad app after sales on the interface begin to flag