The old adage “big things come in little packages” has never been more true. Earlier today at a press event in San Francisco, Apple pulled the curtain back on the latest generation of iPad Minis, and they’re more powerful than ever before.
In terms of look and feel, the new Mini isn’t all that much different than the old generation. It has slimmed down slightly, but since the Mini 2 is replacing a tablet that was already incredibly thin and light, it hasn’t changed its form factor or weight.
What’s really important is its guts. Behind it’s crisp little 7.9-inch Retina display (2048 x 1536 pixels) the Mini 2 boasts Apple’s new 64-bit A7 processor, a bigger battery, upgraded Wi-Fi, LTE coverage, a better FaceTime camera, and the same TouchID fingerprint scanner Apple included in the iPhone 5S.
Check out our full post on the new iPad Mini for further details.
- What to expect from Apple’s October 30 event: New MacBooks, iPads
- Second-generation Apple Pencil writes a new chapter for device
- The best iPad deals for December 2018
- Leak confirms new MacBook, Mac Mini, and iMac are incoming
- How the 2018 Apple iPad Pro 12.9 stacks up against the 2017 and 2015 versions