The old adage “big things come in little packages” has never been more true. Earlier today at a press event in San Francisco, Apple pulled the curtain back on the latest generation of iPad Minis, and they’re more powerful than ever before.
In terms of look and feel, the new Mini isn’t all that much different than the old generation. It has slimmed down slightly, but since the Mini 2 is replacing a tablet that was already incredibly thin and light, it hasn’t changed its form factor or weight.
What’s really important is its guts. Behind it’s crisp little 7.9-inch Retina display (2048 x 1536 pixels) the Mini 2 boasts Apple’s new 64-bit A7 processor, a bigger battery, upgraded Wi-Fi, LTE coverage, a better FaceTime camera, and the same TouchID fingerprint scanner Apple included in the iPhone 5S.
Check out our full post on the new iPad Mini for further details.
- Need a new tablet? Check out the best iPad deals for April 2018
- Here are the 15 best iPad keyboard cases, from the Mini to the Pro
- How to choose an iPad: A practical guide to Apple’s tablets
- Master your big-screened Apple iPad with these handy tips and tricks
- How to use Apple Pay Cash to send and receive money