T-Mobile is seeing massive interest in the iPhone 7 from its customers, with CEO John Legere claiming pre-orders have surpassed previous iPhone releases already, all despite the controversial decision to remove the headphone jack from the new smartphone. While some may still find this unacceptable, it doesn’t seem to have put off loyal T-Mobile fans.
“I just wanna tell you,” Legere said during a Periscope broadcast, “This has been the biggest launch ever for us,” emphasizing the interest in the newly announced iPhone. He continued, “The first four days of the iPhone 7 launch are by far the biggest ever for T-Mobile. It’s four times bigger than the iPhone 6 for us, at this stage.” Legere described the current situation as a “phenomenon.”
He also asked people watching the stream to guess which model has attracted the most orders. It turns out that at T-Mobile, it’s the standard black iPhone 7 that’s proving most popular, but Legere himself has chosen to get the Jet Black version. Reserved for
It’s not a surprise T-Mobile is the destination for many prospective iPhone 7 owners. It’s offering a trade-in deal that could result in a 32GB
The iPhone 7 goes on sale September 16, and although T-Mobile’s trade-in deal is only for a limited time, it’s still available as of September 13.
- Some of the most common iOS 14 problems and how to fix them easily
- The iPhone 14’s always-on display might use iOS 16’s best feature
- iPhone lost in a river for 10 months reunited with owner, and it still works
- Editing iMessages on iOS 16 looks like a nightmare when chatting with old iPhones
- iOS 16: Everything we know about Apple’s next big iPhone update