Jimmel Kimmel is known for messing with Americans’ minds, especially when it comes to upcoming Apple products. This time, Kimmel’s crew sent a reporter out to Hollywood Boulevard to ask passersby what they thought about the Apple iWatch — and they loved it!
There’s just one small problem: Apple hasn’t actually released it yet.
The device in question was a $20 Casio watch that can tell you the time, the date, set alarms, and survive a quick plunge underwater. Pedestrians were simply blown away by how lightweight and attractive the “iTime smartwatch” looked. One lady even said, “It’s kind of like old school, but also in style.” Others commented on the nice rubber wristband and the big numbers.
Overall, people seemed slightly confused by “iTime,” especially when the reporter asked them if they liked its many cool, new features. Their responses perfectly illustrated how confused the average person is by the true function of smartwatches.
“I’m pretty impressed,” one guy said. “Those are the things I’d ask for in a watch.”
When asked what they liked about the smartwatch, the majority said they liked that it was from Apple.
“If it’s Apple it’s good, right?” another guy asked.
- Here’s everything we know about the upcoming Apple Watch Series 4
- Apple AR glasses: News and rumors about ‘Project Mirrorshades’
- Apple may be the one of the world’s largest watchmakers
- Wear OS vs. Apple Watch: Which one will ‘wow’ your wrist?
- Google nixes the ‘view image’ button on photo searches after settlement with Getty