Setup and use are dead simple: Just pair Tile with your smartphone via Bluetooth, download and launch the app, then you’ll be able to find your Tile whenever you need by pressing ‘find’ on your smartphone. The second-generation Tile improves upon the first with a much louder alert that chimes three times louder. The Tile can also help you find your smartphone when you tap the letter ‘E’ twice on the device.
Surprisingly, the Tile is a disposable device. With a battery life of roughly one year and no ability to replace it, you’ll be trashing the Tile and buying a new one on an annual basis. Is that worth the $25 price tag? For those who misplace stuff frequently, that might just be worth it.
- How to choose the best bed sheets: Price, fabric, and color
- Buying on a budget? Here’s all the best tech you can snag for $25 or less
- Best camera accessories for your new DSLR or mirrorless system
- Key settings you need to change on your brand-new Google Pixel 3 or 3 XL phone
- Stay fit and save cash with our top 10 affordable Fitbit alternatives