“Currently, Japan and Korea are well ahead of North America and Europe in market size, accounting for nearly 80 percent of all revenues derived from video game play and game downloads, Screen Digest said on Thursday.
A confusing maze of tariffs for downloads and gameplay charged by mobile operators in Europe is depressing early growth in the region, Screen Digest said.
“We think the mobile operators in Europe have not yet got the strategies right to exploit this market to its full potential,” said Screen Digest chief analyst Ben Keen. “
$1 billion sounds a little too high in my opinion, but there is no doubt that the mobile phone market is rapidly growing inside and outside the United States. Mobile phone games go back to the roots of video games, where game play and story line take precedence over graphics capabilities – that is until the technology evolves.
Read more at Reuters
Found VIA Mobile9
- Apple reportedly takes on Microsoft with its own ‘Netflix for games’
- The Razer Phone 2: Everything you need to know
- Nubia’s two-screen wonder is a new solution to our all-screen selfie problems
- How to play YouTube in the background on Android and iOS
- Motorola’s Moto G7 range offers compelling phones that won’t break the bank