Battery pack cases are hardly new, and the only feature that distinguishes Mophie’s new “Juice Pack Air” is that you can recharge the battery wirelessly via a magnetic pad. The iPhone 7 case comes with a 2,525mAh battery, and the iPhone 7 Plus model packs a capacity of 2,420mAh — that capacity is on the lower end for iPhone battery cases.
Mophie claims the iPhone 7 case should give you a total 27 hours of battery, and the Plus variant should give you 33 hours. Be wary of these numbers, as they’re typically higher than what you get in real-world use. You can wirelessly charge your
Unfortunately due to licensing issues, the charging port is Micro USB, but when you plug it in, your phone will charge before the battery in the case. Mophie says the case has rubberized support pads, and the corners are raised to protect your device from drops and scratches.
There are plenty of other battery cases for the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus you can choose from — some with more battery capacity at a cheaper cost — but Mophie is almost a household name, and its cases are reliable.
The Juice Pack Air costs $100 and is available at Mophie’s website. It comes in gold, black, rose gold, navy blue, and red.
- This lesser-known Android phone is everything I wish the OnePlus 10T was
- Apple plans to put more ads on your iPhone, report claims
- As a loyal iMessage user, I’m sick and tired of Apple’s resistance to RCS
- I’ve used an iPhone since 2007, but the Galaxy Z Fold 4 makes me want to switch
- The iPhone 14 Pro may be more expensive than we expected