MTV and Sprint today announced they’d teamed to bring video and audio content to the latter’s cellular network. Content will be drawn specifically from CMT, MTV, VH1 and Comedy Central.
Under the terms of the arraignment, said the two organizations, select clips from MTV Networks programs as â€œCMT Insiderâ€, â€œThe Daily Show with Jon Stewartâ€, â€œLaguna Beachâ€ and â€œBest Week Everâ€ will be made available for on-demand viewing as part of the Sprint TV line up. In addition, the domestic wireless service will also stream audio from the CMT, MTV and VH1 radio stations and receive original made-for-mobile content.
“Sprint continues to lead the industry in bringing the best lineup of entertainment and mobile content to our customers,” said Jeff Hallock, vice president of wireless product strategy and marketing for Sprint. “Now our customers have the flexibility to view compelling programming from CMT, Comedy Central, MTV and VH1. They can also listen to streaming audio channels from CMT, MTV and VH1 – a service that currently only Sprint offers to its customers.”
- Don’t need sports or locals? Philo could be your live TV streamer of choice
- Sling TV Orange or Sling Blue: Which one is the right choice for you?
- Sprint announces it will commit to 5G coverage by 2019
- Cord-cutting 101: How to quit cable for online streaming video
- Xfinity Mobile adds bring-your-own-device option for some iPhone users