From Sierra Wireless’ press releases:
Sierra Wireless announced agreements with CellStar and Brightpoint to distribute the Voq Professional Phone in North America. A pocketable Windows Mobile-based Smartphone developed by Sierra Wireless, the Voq Professional Phone has successfully completed network compatibility testing on the AT&T Wireless GSM (Global System for Mobile communication) and GPRS (General Packet Radio Services) network, and will be commercially available to North American customers in July.
Designed for mobile professionals, the Voq Professional Phone is a new class of mobile phone that offers the best features of a mobile phone, a personal messaging device, and a PDA (Personal Digital Assistant). The product offers a flip-open QWERTY thumbpad and easy-to-use software solutions, including out-of-the-box personal and corporate e-mail. The unique, easy and powerful myVoq software enables predictive search, storage, and sending of information.
â€œOur customers are always interested in providing consumers with innovative tools to improve their productivity and increase their competitive edge,â€ said Chris Smith, Senior Vice-President and General Manager of CellStar’s U.S. region. â€œWith the Voq Professional Phone, mobile professionals can have their phone, e-mail, calendar, contacts, and mission-critical company information at their fingertips, meaning our resellers can bring real value to their business customers.â€
“We are pleased to expand upon our relationship with Sierra Wireless to distribute the Voq Professional Phone to the North American market,” said Gary D. Butts, Senior Vice-President Product Sales for Brightpoint North America. “We look forward to offering the phone to resellers looking to provide their mobile customers with the most effective solutions for managing their workload.”
Powered by an Intel Xscale processor, the Voq Professional Phone is based on Microsoft Windows Mobile 2003 software and offers a rich telephony experience with the addition of a unique flip-open QWERTY thumbpad. The Voq Professional Phone provides:
- Phone-first capabilities with the power of a PDA and ability to synchronize contacts, calendars, and tasks to a Windows-based computer;
- The best features of a mobile phone, messaging device, and PDA in a single phone â€“ resulting in lower cost, ease-of-use, and the need for fewer devices;
- Out-of-the-box personal and corporate e-mail solutions, including POP3, IMAP4, and Wireless ActiveSync to Exchange 2003;
- Powerful search, send and storage capabilities with myVoq, which also offers the ability to enhance business applications and mobile web services.
For more information and images, visit www.voq.com.
- Awesome Tech You Can’t Buy Yet: Grow veggies indoors and shower more efficiently
- Fortnite season 7, week 7 challenge guide: Visit all expedition outposts
- Fortnite season 7, week 4 challenge guide: Launch fireworks at three locations
- Fortnite season 6, week 10 challenges: Vehicle timed trials
- The best new music this week: Robert Ellis, Golden Daze, and more