Apple location tracking has only been an issue for a week or two, but South Park has already weighed in with a full episode dedicated to the location tracking debate.
Small spoiler: In the first episode of its 15th season, everyone at school is using their iPads until Apple “G-Men” come and start following Kyle down. When he says he doesn’t want them following him, they simply point out that he already agreed to it when he signed the latest iTunes terms and conditions. Poor guy. Eventually he is abducted by Apple and forced to become a part of Steve Jobs ultimate creation: the HumancentiPad. Meanwhile, Cartman desperately tries to get his mom to get him an iPad so he doesn’t get made fun of at school.
You have to hand it to Matt Stone and Trey Parker, they sure stay relevant. While we haven’t seen the full episode, we know Kyle’s pain. Is it really fair to be forced to agree to more than eight pages of lawyer-language terms and conditions before you use any electronic product or service? Nobody reads it all. Who knows what crazy things we’ve agreed to over the years.
Check out the full episode here. It’s free to watch on the South Park Website.
- Apple’s new iPad Pro may not be as expensive as we feared
- Best Apple deals: Save on AirPods, Apple Watch, iPad, MacBook
- Apple has an iPad shocker planned for early 2024
- Apple may launch new iPads soon, and you should be excited
- Great for reading and browsing: Apple iPad is 15% off at Amazon