While there are companies that offer products that make your smartphone waterproof, they’re usually accompanied by exorbitant prices. Enter Impervious, a company that offers water-resistant solutions for smartphones at a relatively inexpensive price point.
For $30, you can make your iPhone, Android, or any other smartphone resistant to splashes and rain. Tablets are also given some love, as $35 and $40 will net you kits for the iPad Mini and iPad. For $10 more, you can purchase a waterproofing kit for your iPhone allows for submersion in three feet of water, at most. Unfortunately, waterproofing kits, which cost $40, are only available for the iPhone.
“When applied externally to your device, Impervious protects against spill damage and screen scratching,” says Impervious on its website. “When fully applied to the outer & inner components of your device, Impervious is classified as IPX 7. We currently only offer full waterproofing kits for the iPhone 5, 5s, and 6. When applied, your device can be submerged in (1) meter or (3) feet of water for up to 30 minutes (We do NOT recommend).”
A word of caution, however: opening up your iPhone to make it waterproof will void the warranty.
- Waterproof iPhone 7 cases let you surf, swim, or splash without fear
- Brace for impact: The best rugged phones can endure anything you throw at them
- Save big on this affordable camping gear for modern outdoor lovers
- These are the best iPhone X cases to protect your new Apple investment
- These are the best iPad cases and covers for the new 2018 iPad