The long-awaited 5G is finally on its way. A few months ago, Verizon launched what it called the first home 5G internet service — but that doesn’t mean the testing and development is over. In fact, Verizon says it has made its first video call using 5G network service.
The video call was made using a Moto Z3 smartphone along with the that Motorola launched alongside the phone. The phone is already available to consumers, but the Mod won’t make it to customers until 2019. Of course, there’s not much reason to buy it before then — 5G networks aren’t very common, so even with the right device, it’s unlikely you’ll be able to make use of the new fast speeds.
“In the past two years, we have consistently led the world in 5G, including launching the world’s first commercial
The fifth generation of cellular technology, in general, has advanced in leaps and bounds over the past few years. It promises to deliver speeds of up to 100 times faster than today’s typical cellular connections, which could make way for more connected devices, connected cars, and other futuristic tech we’ve been pining for.
Verizon isn’t the only company advancing in its 5G tests. Earlier this year, AT&T announced the first three cities to get its
While the reportedly been in talks with Intel to use Intel’s
- T-Mobile will soon kick some outdated phones off its network
- Old phones will stop working with AT&T and T-Mobile. Here’s what to do about it
- The best cell phone plan deals for July 2020: Verizon, Sprint, AT&T, and more
- How to choose the best cell phone plan for your small business in 2020
- The best cell phone plans of 2020