Verizon users can expect an expansion in 5G services starting today. Including both 5G home internet and Verizon 5G for Business, the carrier announced starting today both 5G options are now available in Birmingham, Alabama, Fort Wayne, Indiana, and Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Similarly, remote work residents can rejoice with these new cities added to their lineup, 5G Home will now be available in 60 cities across the United States.
According to an announcement by Verizon, 5G Home’s download speeds have increased to up to 1Gbps with typical download speeds of 300Mbps. To attract customers, Verizon is also offering up to $500 to cover early termination fees for those who wish to leave their current internet provider and switch to the 5G home internet.
5G Business Internet is being marketed as an alternative to cable internet. Verizon plans to include professional installation, multiple package pricing and service options, and unlimited data as part of its package to attract customers. More importantly, professional business users can get a 10-year price lock — a new long-term contract required — and are willing to provide a credit of up to $1,500 to off the early termination fees.
If neither of those options works for you, Verizon has also announced more 5G expansion options, including their
Plans for 5G Home will begin at $50 per month with a qualifying plan, while
- T-Mobile takes big 5G coverage and speed wins in new report
- The 5 best apps to test your 5G connection on Android and iOS
- Motorola Edge 5G UW (2021) review: Battery for days and a superfast display
- SimpliSafe Wireless Outdoor Camera review: Eyes for outside the home
- T-Mobile lures subscribers with 500GB of Google One cloud storage for $5 a month