Wal-Mart says it’s cutting the price of the most up-to-date iPhone in half. That’s another sign Apple is getting ready to unveil a new model.
Wal-Mart says that starting Tuesday the iPhone 3GS with 16 gigabytes of storage space will cost $97 with a two-year contract with AT&T. It currently costs $197.
Apple declined to comment on whether it’s planning to release a new iPhone soon, or whether it will also sell the iPhone 3GS for less.
The company’s annual developer conference kicks off June 7. Apple unveiled the iPhone 3GS at the same event last year.
- 17 iPhone apps I couldn’t live without in 2023
- You’re all wrong — 60Hz on the iPhone is fine
- This app put iMessage on my Android phone — and it blew me away
- The best personal finance apps in 2023 for iPhone and Android
- These developers are doing something amazing with iPhone and iPad apps