Wal-Mart says it’s cutting the price of the most up-to-date iPhone in half. That’s another sign Apple is getting ready to unveil a new model.
Wal-Mart says that starting Tuesday the iPhone 3GS with 16 gigabytes of storage space will cost $97 with a two-year contract with AT&T. It currently costs $197.
Apple declined to comment on whether it’s planning to release a new iPhone soon, or whether it will also sell the iPhone 3GS for less.
The company’s annual developer conference kicks off June 7. Apple unveiled the iPhone 3GS at the same event last year.
- Don’t miss this Apple Watch Ultra deal
- Apple Music Sing brings karaoke singalongs to iPhones, Apple TV
- It’s 2022, and customizing my iPhone is still horrible
- Today’s best deals: TVs, laptops, iPads, robot vacuums and more
- The Nothing Phone is finally coming to the U.S., and I can’t wait