From June 2nd , Qtek 7070, a mobile phone based on Microsoft WindowsÂ® Powered Smartphone is commercially available at selected TeliaSonera stores and retailers in Sweden. TeliaSonera is thereby the first operator in Sweden to offer products and mobile business services based on WindowsÂ® Powered Smartphone.
– A thousand professional users tried handheld devices equipped with the operating system WindowsÂ® Pocket PC Phone Edition during a couple of months. Their feedback from using Windows-based mobile devices have been very positive and now we take this further by launching commercially the WindowsÂ® Powered Smartphone concept, targeting small and medium sized companies, says Anders Tillander, Marketing Manager, TeliaSonera Sweden, Business.
Most of the functionality from the computer is in the mobile phone. Users can read MicrosoftÂ® Word, Excel and PowerPoint files, seek information on the Internet and manage personal information in MicrosoftÂ® Outlook.
– Customers can manage tasks while travelling and therefore save time. It is important for us to offer services that increase business competitiveness and give staff the possibility to realize their full potential, says Anders Tillander.
– More companies request mobile services and applications that enhance business efficiency. For Microsoft, it is important to cooperate with an operator that has the same focus on customer benefits that we have, says Peter Wissinger, Marketing Manager, Microsoft Mobile Devices EMEA.
The telephone is prepared to provide customers with easy access to the services. It is delivered with a head-set, a removable camera and a Secure Disc (SD) memory card that functions as both a back-up system and a memory unit for downloaded files. The phone is delivered with mobile business subscriptions Telia Work or Telia Executive.
The mobile phone, a Qtek 7070 from High Tech Corporation (HTC), is a tri-band phone with GPRS capabilities. It has an integrated card reader for SD (Secure Digital) and MMC (Multi Media Card) memory cards, voice memory, speakerphone and can host conference calls with six simultaneous participants. The recommended retailer price is approximately 2,500 SEK excluding VAT.
- A commercial version of HoloLens is available to rent in the U.S. and Canada
- Integral Memory claims the largest MicroSDXC yet with 512 GB
- How to find a lost phone, whether it’s Android, iPhone, or any other kind
- Razer’s Project Linda could arrive alongside the Razer Phone 2 this September
- Master your Samsung smartphone with these Galaxy S8 tips and tricks