Cheng also spoke a little about the fact that ZTE isn’t just a smartphone business — the company believes in connecting everything.
“We have mobile devices — the smartphone is a big part of that. We believe that in the future, everything is connected. Firstly, the communication between people, but we’re also going to facilitate collaboration between machines,” Cheng said in the interview. “Everyone’s talking about artificial intelligence and the internet of things, but that’s only the tip of the iceberg.”
So should we glean from the interview that ZTE is going to play a bigger role in the internet of things? Well, it’s certainly possible. Apart from its smartphone business, ZTE is also known for wireless devices, and even internet hot spots for your car, such as the ZTE Mobley. Bringing out more connected devices that play nice with the products that ZTE already offers would make sense.
ZTE also makes tablets, and while the tablet market is largely shrinking, ZTE is still forging ahead in that sector. During the interview, Cheng said that we should expect more tablets this year, as ZTE continues its tradition of offering premium quality at an affordable price.
Check out the video below to see the full interview.
- Every 5G phone announced so far so you can get a faster internet connection
- Meet the startup that transports human organs via drone
- Acer’s new Chromebook Spin 514 is powered by AMD’s Ryzen processors
- The future of reality: Next-Gen AR smartglasses make Google Glass look quaint
- 5 reasons why virtual CES will be dramatically better than real-life CES